2017 HIGHLY COMMENDED
Shall I change it something like ‘shortlist will be announced very soon, watch this space’
The Scottish Social Services Awards received 155 entries within its launch year.
The judges were impressed with the number and quality of entries. But, with only 31 able to be shortlisted, they had a tough job on their hands selecting just a few for the final ceremony, when the winners will be revealed. In some of the most popular categories this decision was even tougher.
The judges want to recognise a small selection of submissions, which were unable to be shortlisted due to the high number of entries within these categories.
The following entries have been highly commended:
Category 1: Living the Codes
· Andrew Parker, Wheatlands Children’s Unit, Scottish Borders Council
Category 2: Bright Spark
· Maria McGinley, Ypeople West, Ypeople
Category 3: An Enlightened Approach
· Kirsty Hunter, Care and Learning Alliance, Opening Doors Project for Care and Learning Alliance
Category 8: The Untold Story
· Michael Timmons, Community Engagement and Activity Lead, Loretto Care
· Flora Hay, Care Service Manager, Blackwood Homes and Care
Category 9: Head Above the Parapet
· Fordneuk Accommodation and Alcohol Support Service, Loretto Care
The judges would like to thank everyone who took part and support the Scottish Social Services Awards.