The awards are open to people who are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or who work for an organisation inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
You can enter yourself or nominate others as long as you have their permission. If you’re entering as an individual you must also have permission from your organisation.
There are 10 categories, which have different criteria (listed in the bullet points) which entries should aim to demonstrate. You can enter more than one category but entries should be tailored to show how it meets the different award criteria.
When applying you will be asked to supply details of your SSSC membership or Care Inspectorate registration. If your entry is shortlisted it will be checked by the appropriate regulator.
Entries open here on Monday 13 January and close at 6pm on Tuesday 25 February 2020.
Please note, we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS CHECKLIST
ALL ENTRIES MUST…
- have permission to enter: if you are entering as an individual you must have permission from your organisation and if you are nominating someone else you should also obtain their permission in writing. You will not be able to complete your online application unless you can confirm that you have permission
- be registered: with the SSSC or work for an organisation which is inspected by the Care Inspectorate
- fall within the timeframe: entries must be current and you should be able to provide evidence of practice or work carried out within the last two years (up to 21 February 2020). You will also be asked to provide details of any awards your entry has already won
- use plain English: avoid the use of jargon, use of acronyms or social services words and phrases – imagine that you are explaining it to a stranger
- be within the word count: no more than 1,300 words, or you risk being disqualified
- be on time: before the deadline of 6.00pm on 21 February 2020
- come to the awards: if shortlisted, you should be able to send a representative to the ceremony on Wednesday 3 June 2020
- give permission to be published: we’ll mention you in press releases sent to the media, if shortlisted,and upload your written entry to the website if you win (although you can redact sensitive information)
- be contactable: cooperate to produce a short promotional film and provide supporting information (pictures and logos) if shortlisted
Entries are judged by panel members and representatives of the Social Work Services Strategic Forum.
There are 4 judging panels including:
- Supporting the Workforce
- Improving Performance and Use of Evidence
- Promoting Social Services
- Mental Health Services
They will meet to judge and agree a shortlist of three finalists in each category. The shortlist is expected to be announced on 7 April 2020.
- Awards open – 13 January 2020
- Entry deadline – 6pm 25 February 2020
- Shortlist announced – 7 April 2020
- Filming of Shortlisted applications – April/May 2020
- Awards ceremony, winners announced – 3 June 2020
- If you are experiencing problems with the online entry form or have any questions about the entry process please contact email@example.com
The Scottish Socials Services Awards Latest News and Blogs
Chief Social Work Advisor for the Scottish Government
Final call for nominations for the 2020 Scottish Social Services Awards