The awards are open to people who are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or who work for an organisation inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
You can enter yourself or nominate others as long as you have their permission. If you’re entering as an individual you must also have permission from your organisation.
There are 14 categories, which have different criteria (listed in the bullet points) which entries should aim to demonstrate. You can enter more than one category but entries should be tailored to show how it meets the different award criteria.
To help you submit the best entry possible, please take the time to review our Hints and Tips
When applying you will be asked to supply details of your SSSC membership or Care Inspectorate registration. If your entry is shortlisted it will be checked by the appropriate regulator.
Entries open here on Tuesday 31 May and close at 6pm on Friday 01 July 2022.
Please note, we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS CHECKLIST
ALL ENTRIES MUST…
- have permission to enter: if you are entering as an individual you must have permission from your organisation and if you are nominating someone else you should also obtain their permission in writing. You will not be able to complete your online application unless you can confirm that you have permission.
- be registered: with the SSSC or work for an organisation which is inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
- fall within the timeframe: entries must be current and you should be able to provide evidence of practice or work carried out within the last two years (up to 31 May 2022). You will also be asked to provide details of any awards your entry has already won.
- use plain English: avoid the use of jargon, use of acronyms or social services words and phrases – imagine that you are explaining it to a stranger.
- be within the word count: no more than 600, or you risk being disqualified.
- be on time: before the deadline of 6.00pm on Friday 01 July 2022.
- come to the Awards: if shortlisted, you should be able to send a representative to the ceremony on Thursday 15 September 2022.
- give permission to be published: we may mention you in press releases sent to the media, if shortlisted.
- be contactable: cooperate to produce a short promotional film and provide supporting information (pictures and logos) if shortlisted.
Entries are judged by panel members and key social services stakeholders.
They will meet to judge and agree a shortlist of three finalists in each category. The shortlist is expected to be announced on Friday 15 July 2022.
- Awards open – 31 May 2022
- Entry deadline – 6pm 01 July 2022
- Shortlist announced – 15 July 2022
- Filming of Shortlisted applications – July/August 2022 Awards ceremony, winners announced – 15 September 2022
- If you are experiencing problems with the online entry form or have any questions about the entry process please contact email@example.com
We are pleased to confirm that the Scottish Social Services Awards will now take place on Wednesday, 9th November at the Old Fruitmarket, Glasgow.
In light of the recent sad news of the death of Her Majesty The Queen, as a mark of respect, we have decided to postpone this year’s Scottish Social Services Awards 2022.
The Scottish Social Services Awards 2022 finalists have been announced for our 14 categories!