SCOTTISH SOCIAL SERVICES AWARDS 2019
The awards are open to people who are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or who work for an organisation inspected by the Care Inspectorate. Shortlisted entries will be checked by the appropriate regulator.
You can enter yourself or nominate others, but you must have their permission. If you’re entering as an individual you must have permission from your organisation.
There are 10 categories, including a special Policy Focus award. Each category has different criteria, listed in the bullet points, which entries must be able to demonstrate. You can enter in more than one category – but if entering the same project or person you must clearly show how it meets the different award criteria.
Entries will open on 7 January 2019 so start thinking about your submission now!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS CHECKLIST
ALL ENTRIES MUST…
- have permission to enter: if you are entering as an individual you must have permission from your organisation and if you are nominating someone else you should also obtain their permission in writing. You will not be able to complete your online application unless you can confirm that you have permission
- be registered: with the SSSC or work for an organisation which is inspected by the Care Inspectorate
- fall within the timeframe: entries must be current and you should be able to provide evidence of practice or work carried out within the last two years (up to 15 February 2019). You will also be asked to provide details of any awards your entry has already won
- use plain English: avoid the use of jargon, use of acronyms or social services words and phrases – imagine that you are explaining it to a stranger
- be within the word count: no more than 1,300 words, or you risk being disqualified
- be on time: before the deadline of 6.00pm on 15 February 2019
- come to the awards: if shortlisted, you should be able to send a representative to the ceremony on Wednesday 5 June 2019
- give permission to be published: we’ll mention you in press releases sent to the media, if shortlisted,and upload your written entry to the website if you win (although you can redact sensitive information)
- be contactable: cooperate to produce a short promotional film and provide supporting information (pictures and logos) if shortlisted
Entries are judged by panel members and representatives of the Social Work Services Strategic Forum.
Judging is a two stage process.
STAGE 1: SHORTLISTING
There are 4 judging panels including:
- Supporting the Workforce
- Improving Performance and Use of Evidence
- Promoting Social Services
- Mental Health Services
They will meet in March 2019 to agree a shortlist of three finalists in each category. Entries are rated on a scoring system which considers how well it has met the criteria we are looking for, the evidence provided and the impact it has made to the lives of others.
Entrants will be informed if they have been shortlisted on 25 March 2019.
STAGE 2: FINAL JUDGING
The Social Work Services Strategic Forum will form a final panel in May 2019 to agree the winners for each category.
Winners will be announced and presented with an award at a ceremony on the afternoon of 5 June 2019 at Mansfield Traquair, Edinburgh. All finalists will be invited to attend, including up to three guests for individual nominations or up to five guests for team and organisation nominations.
- Awards open – 7 January 2019
- Entry deadline – 15 February 2019
- Shortlist announced – 25 March 2019
- Filming of Shortlisted applications – April/May 2019
- Awards ceremony, winners announced – 5 June 2019
If you are experiencing problems with the online portal or have any questions about the entry process please contact email@example.com